Bilingual Family Advocate
- Interview family and assess strengths and needs, and develop a family centered partnership plan agreement with the family, identifying and establishing goals.
- Monitor goal accomplishments of families throughout their participation in the program. Assist families to meet milestones/objectives that lead to goals accomplishment.
- Advocate on behalf of enrolled families by identifying, making referrals to, procuring and/or coordinating community resources and services available to families, considering eligibility criteria. Follow-up on referrals.
- Maintain organized case files, enter information into HSFIS and/or other designated computer databases, as needed.
- Document each family contact, and all internal services provided to families, as well as all external referrals for service.
- Develop and implement a plan to improve attendance on children with repeat absences.
- Assist with planning and implementation of parent training and activities.
- Assist in completion of all internal reports and coordination of referrals for child abuse.
- Complete and submit all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as directed.
- Conduct a minimum of two home visits per family each school year, and as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field required
- One to two years Social Work experience preferred
- Home visiting experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingual preferred.
Or, forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to 317.803.9486. Please reference the position of interest in the email or fax.
Family Development Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.