Program details. To be considered for Head Start, children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1st prior to September enrollment AND from families who are at or below the federal poverty income guidelines. Five-year-olds who are not eligible for public kindergarten may also be accepted. Family Development Services also welcomes children with special needs and disabilities.
Families with children up to 3 years old may be considered for Early Head Start if the family meets federal low-income guidelines and the parent is enrolled in school or employed full time.
Family Development Services does not provide transportation services. Community resources are available to assist families with transportation for the half-day program.
Head Start Pre-Enrollment Form-English
Head Start Pre-Enrollment Form-Spanish
Additional forms needed for enrollment:
• Medical and dental instructions (PDF)
• Medical and dental instructions (Español)
• Physical Form (PDF)
• Oral Health Condition Form (PDF)
• Immunization record (PDF)
• Asthma Action Plan (PDF)
• Food allergy action plan (PDF)
• Non-Food Allergy Action Plan (PDF)
• Seizure Action Plan (PDF)